This workshop series, brought to you by WSU Extension and the Puget Sound Partnership, covers all aspects of LID, including:
- Bioretention siting, sizing, design, modeling, performance and maintenance
- Permeable paving specifications, installation, performance and maintenance needs for pervious concrete, porous asphalt, interlocking pavers, and grid systems
- Vegetated roof design, construction, modeling and performance
- Rainwater harvesting design and construction
- Low impact foundation design and construction
- Site planning and preparation
- Site assessment
- Plan review
- Erosion and sediment control, LID construction sequencing, and inspection
May 3-4, 2011 - Bioretention
May 17-18, 2011 - Permeable Paving
May 31-June 1, 2011 - Vegetated roofs, low impact foundations, and rainwater collection
June 14-15, 2011 - Site planning, erosion and sediment control, plan review, and inspection
The workshop series consists of four 2-day classes. Best of all (or at least really, really good): Each class costs only $110. And that includes all materials and food and beverage.
Why so cheap? Thank the Puget Sound Partnership, which is subsidizing registration to keep it really inexpensive and accessible to as many professionals as possible.
Puget Sound Action Agenda
This technical workshop series helps implement a key near-term action in the Puget Sound Action Agenda, which is to continue to transition the region to the LID approach and provide assistance to make it happen.
As in 2010, all workshops will be held at the new LID Research Center on the campus of WSU Extension in Puyallup. Holding the classes there allows us to show students the wonderful array of bioretention and permeable pavement that's being meticulously monitored there. (If you've not visited WSU Puyallup yet, you'll be impressed by all of it - trust me.)
WSU Extension, WSU Civil and Environmental Engineering and the Puget Sound Partnership will again offer LID certificates to those who attend all four classes and pass a series of tests. This certificate program has value - it demonstrates that the holder has a good understanding of the LID approach and techniques.
You do need to pre-register, and classes do fill up. Register at: http://conferences.wsu.edu/lidworkshops
Hope to see you there!